Wednesday 8 May 2013

WIlls



I survived the WI. I think that’s a fridge magnet along with I’m not fat I’m short for my weight and I only have a kitchen because it came with the house. Usually the same person has these 2 on the fridge which makes no sense to me. If you actually didn’t use or enter the kitchen
A - surely you wouldn’t be fat
2 - who put the magnet on the fridge?

Unless you have a fridge in your room. Or carry a cool box with you everywhere. In which case it should say: I am fat yet I don’t use the kitchen (I carry a cool box from which I get my sustenance). I think it’ll be a big seller. If ‘Keep Calm and do something inane’ sells so prolifically, anything will.

Anyway, the WI. I enjoyed it. It was nice to be part of something community based. I’ve always been a bit of a nomad not especially belonging anywhere and in this new phase of life I feel like I could belong if I wanted. There was one older lady who was not enjoying the fact we were so young. She didn’t feel she had to hide this either. I inadvertently volunteered to bake the cake/biscuit/snack for next month’s meeting and she came and had a talk with me to ensure I knew what I was doing. I assured her I was quite the baker and all would be fine but she said just to make one as the committee will always make one too ie mine will be crap but don’t worry as there’ll be a nice one there too. Next month we are talking about wills. I think I am going to pretend I misheard and make willy shaped biscuits and bring willy straws et al. I am debating how funny this would actually be. As long as there’s a 60% margin of laughter I think its worth it. The look on her face would make my life and I’m not yet a member so it could make and end my short but sweet WI life. I’m not sure I’m WI material anyway… unless I can add lly to everything that says WI.



No comments:

Post a Comment