Thursday 13 September 2012

Fact of the Day - Elephants

I learned this fact today: the elephant is the only animal with 4 knees that can’t jump. I wonder if it is has just never tried. It would be perfectly accurate to say: Charlotte is the only Charlotte who can’t eat baked beans. But is that true? I probably could eat baked beans. But I won’t. I won’t even get close to them. I have probably also never tried.

I have often considered what would happen if I got an advert that paid me lots and lots but I had to eat beans. I have seen the happy looking lady eating beans and I just couldn’t do it. It makes my skin crawl. She actually does like baked beans. She looks happy because she is being paid lots and lots to do something she likes doing. I couldn’t fake it. Nobody could.

So I think the elephant is the only animal with 4 knees who chooses not to jump. How would we know? So really what I’ve learned is: elephants are obstinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment