Saturday 30 July 2011

Being 27- Month 1

I have decided that in the year in which I am aged 27 I will make every month count. I thought I would enjoy being 27 and to make sure this is the case I would do something positive and enjoyable each month.

I have now been 27 for one month and what I have done this month is learned how to shave my legs.

I've been leg-shaving for years. I reckon 15 of them But it is only now that I can actually do it properly.

The first time I shaved my legs I only shaved the front and up to my knee. About 4 strips worth. Turns out you have to shave all round your legs: backs, tops, sides AND fronts. I got quickly better at it but then plateaued at being an average shaver and always ALWAYS missing a strip. When you ran your hand up/down/over my leg it would be smooth-ish and then you'd encounter a furry patch which would make you quickly withdraw and try to hide the horror on your face usually resulting in a pained smile. Since turning 27, however, I have shaved my legs (with conditioner) most times I'm in the shower and moisturised after. This has meant that my legs are way less hairy in general and when I inevitably miss a strip its not such a problem as there is not enough hair to create fur. Also they are soft, silky and tangle free.

I am looking forward to what month 2 brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment