Tuesday 21 June 2011

Things I Found in My Phone

I like lists and have lots of lists and notes to myself in my phone. Here are some of my favourites:

Wednesday 13th August 2008: I'm wearing too many colours. I can count 7.

Patronising Names: Toots, Love-Muffin, Pigeon, Schnookums, Loveboat, Muffin-Cake, Doll-Face, Candy-Pants, Sweet-Cheeks.

Meaning of Break a Leg: Latter half of 18th Century, Samuel Foote took over the running of the Little Theatre Haymarket (now Theatre Royal). He couldn't get a licence for it as the previous owner had published plays etc against the crown and the King was annoyed. The King's brother heard Foote boasting about how good he was at horse-riding so challenged him to a race the next morning. The Duke bought a horse that'd never been ridden for Foote to ride. He fell off and broke his leg. York felt so bad he granted him the licence. So Break a Leg, technically means misfortune now leads to good fortune in the near future.

Periodic Table: Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Berrylium, Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Flourine, Neon, Sodium, Magnesium, Aluminium, Sillicone, Phosphorous, Sulphur, Chlorine, Argon, Potassium, Calcium, Scandium, Titanium, Vanadium, Chromium, Manganese, Iron, Cobalt, Nickel, Copper, Zinc, Gallium, Germanium, Arsenic, Selenium, Bromine, Krypton, Rubidium, Strontium, Yitrium, Zirconium.

Amusing Hair Salons I've past today: Curl Up & Dry, Hairing Around.

No comments:

Post a Comment